Dear BUUSD Families,
I am excited to announce something that we have all been waiting for: A return to more in-person instruction at our schools!
School administrators have been working on this for months. We expect that new guidance from the Vermont Agency of Education will be issued later this week and that it will align with our plans and help us bring students home while keeping safe. Here is what we are planning to start when we return from April break on Monday, the 26th:
- Grades K-8 at Barre City & Barre Town Schools will have full days of instruction for all students on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. There will be an early release after lunch on Wednesdays so teachers can plan and provide intervention services to identified students.
- All in-person Spaulding High School students will attend school five days per week until lunch when they will take their meals to go. This will give students time to have all of their classes in person. The balance of each afternoon will be used for providing instruction to fully remote students and proficiency support for students. SHS students who are currently enrolled in remote learning may continue in this mode.
- The Central Vermont Career Center will keep its current five-day schedule.
- The Barre Virtual Academy will continue to operate as planned.
- Preschool classes will keep their current schedule.
We will be posting further details on our school websites in the near future and we will notify you when that information is posted. There you will be able to learn about the exact schedule for your school. K-8 families will also learn about adjusted bus routes that will help bring everyone to school while keeping safe.
Welcome back to school!